Thursday 11 July 2013

There's So Many Colours Man!

























Ive visited Sheringham Park on numerous occasions over the years and had some great shots taken there but there was always one thing that sat in the back of my mind and bugged me.There was talk of a certain time of year there when the Rhododendrons are in bloom,that transformed it into a sea of colour.It was like a myth told to people who knew the local crazy fool who'd seen it,kinda like the Loch Ness monster.Well.......i was to become that crazy fool! It had all started when i was doing my usual trawl through the crap on my facebook page when these pictures jumped out at me and practically slapped me in the face.A couple of friends of mine had been up to Sheringham park and taken a couple of pictures that oozed pinks,violets and whites.As quick as a flash,a message was sent to the friends in question,'were these recent?' and 'are they still there?' I was told that it had been a couple of days prior but the petals were dropping fast and wouldn't be there much longer.That was it,i felt like my blood had been replaced with red bull and i couldn't sit still.I had to go there,and right away! Id had a partically heavy day at work so all my body wanted to do was rest but my brain had other ideas.As i walked across one of the meadows there i wondered if i was too late,but then through the treeline saw this burst of colour.I felt like id walked straight into a fairytale there,it didn't seem real.Round every corner were these amazing colours and just when you thought you'd come to the end you stumble across more.It is a truly remarkable place to visit when the rhododendrons are in full bloom and if you ever get the chance then go,as its like nothing id ever seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment